Okanogan PUD had several disparate systems for managing service orders for Internet access within Okanogan County. The custom systems were developed separately using different technologies and didn’t work well together. This created inefficiencies in maintenance and lack of uniform user experience. Because of the systems were in distinct silos, multiple manual steps were often required to fulfill and maintain service orders, leading to difficulty in tracking down errors. Okanogan sought out IntelliTect to provide an enhanced system to better meet their needs.
IntelliTect developed a new web portal for Okanogan PUD to replace and enhance their other systems. The new system streamlines the ordering process, decreases maintenance costs of the various systems and adds functionality to improve efficiency. Specific benefits include:
- a streamlined, consistent interface for service order initiation
- a uniform, consistent code-base replacing the multiple different code-bases responsible for the other systems
- unified systems that allow for fulfillment of a service order to be automated
- reduced customer service calls by allowing customers to initiate and provide required feedback electronically within the lifecycle of a service order.
- automated integration with the billing system obviating the need for various manual steps required in the legacy system
The system delivered to Okanogan PUD improves the efficiency and effectiveness of both the Retail Service Providers (RSPs) as well as the PUD staff. Orders are more efficiently tracked and processed. Additionally, orders are processed electronically, foregoing the error-prone manual paper process that was significantly more difficult to track.