Helping Clients Reach Their Goals, One Airline Mile at a Time
In the fast-paced environment that businesses currently operate in, a robust Cloud combined with DevOps is critical for any business intent on staying ahead of the rapidly rising innovation curve. IntelliTect has assisted several clients in a variety of industries with their cloud migration process.
Starting with Microsoft FastTrack
A Microsoft DevOps FastTrack engagement is an excellent first step for any forward-thinking client. We recently picked up a client in the energy industry that was in the early phases of a major DevOps and cloud initiative. They recognized an opportunity for us to help them through a FastTrack engagement, and I have spent the last several months traveling to Texas and Oklahoma to help their teams reach their goals.
Our initial focus was a Lighthouse project illustrating how to leverage Microsoft’s Azure DevOps platform to deploy a data analytics solution on Azure. See this blog for more info.
Since the initial engagement, we’ve added several team members to the project. Our work to date has included:
- Creating a DevOps Strategy for the organization
- Hands-on training and guidance for Azure DevOps features and best practices
- Creating DevOps training plans specific to their Fortune 100 Enterprise
- Integrating with ServiceNow change request and approval process
- Amazon cloud architecture, cloud migration and customer portal implementation
While this client has a legacy of applications built-up, they created a high-level strategy that includes expected benefits, vision and a plan for going forward. Key elements include:
- Drastically simplifying the work required to deploy solutions through an intense focus on automation, secure practices, high availability and disaster recovery, and networking and standard platform infrastructure services.
- A dual-cloud approach that leverages native cloud services first. If a solution is being deployed to Azure, it leverages Azure’s native cloud services. If a solution is being deployed to AWS, the solution leverages AWS native cloud services.
We are booking out clients across the country that are intent on upgrading to Cloud architecture and learning the ins and outs of successful DevOps development. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.