Essential C# 7.0 Book
A well-organized, no-fluff guide to C# 7.0 for programmers at all experience levels. Reflecting C# 7.0 features and modern programming patterns, it will help you write simple, powerful, robust, secure, and maintainable code.
Essential C# 7.0 Book
This book has been a classic for years, and remains one of the most venerable and trusted titles in the world of C# content, and probably far beyond!Mads Torgersen, C# Program Manager, Microsoft
This book has been a classic for years, and remains one of the most venerable and trusted titles in the world of C# content, and probably far beyond!
Mads Torgersen, C# Program Manager, Microsoft
Learn From an Expert
Author Mark Michaelis is a world-class C# expert: a long-time Microsoft MVP and Regional Director who has served on Microsoft’s C# design review team. He presents a comprehensive tutorial and reference for the entire language, including expert coverage of key C# 7.0 enhancements, C# 7.0’s use with .NET Core/.NET Standard, and cross-platform compilation. He illustrates key constructs with succinct examples and presents best-practice coding guidelines. To help you maintain existing code, separate indexes provide version-specific answers for C# 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0, and visual icons show when each language innovation was introduced.
A Peek Inside
- Make the most of C# 7.0 enhancements, including tuples, deconstructors, pattern matching, local functions, and ref returns
- Work efficiently with C# data types, operators, control flow, methods, and parameters
- Write more robust code with C# object-oriented constructs
- Implement reliable, effective exception handling
- Reduce code complexity with generics, delegates, lambda expressions, and events
- Leverage advanced dynamic and declarative programming techniques
- Query diverse data collections using LINQ with query expressions
- Create custom collections that operate against business objects
- Access .NET collections via collection interfaces and standard query operators
- Master multithreading and synchronization, including the async/await paradigm
- Optimize performance and interoperability with P/Invoke and unsafe code
- Run your code on Linux or macOS with cross-platform compilation
- Includes C# 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3 language enhancements.